YOUR HOME’S FALL CHECKLIST
Homeownership comes with its share of routine seasonal tasks and chores. Fall is the perfect time to take care of the little things that can make a big difference for you and your home as we head into winter.
– Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts.
– Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors with weather-stripping and caulk.
– Inspect your roof for damaged or curled shingles, corroded flashing, or leaky vents.
– Drain and winterize outdoor faucets and irrigation systems.
– Clean or replace dirty furnace filters.
– Give your furnace a physical by having a professional inspect your heating system.
– Check fireplaces for soot or creosote build-up. Better yet, schedule a visit from a reputable chimney sweep.
– Keep the humidifier humming by cleaning the plates or pads to ensure efficient operation.
– Test smoke & carbon monoxide monitors and inspect (or install) fire extinguishers.
If you need a hand finding the right professional to help you address any of these tasks, please let us know—we are only a phone call away!
Source: Better Homes & Garden